You might have read my article on buying a good digital camera and here are two tips for taking photographs at nights, if at all you forget your tripod.
How to check whether you will able to take pictures without shake??
There is something called as shutter speed in camera which decides the of time for shutter to allow light to enter. In low light condition the shutter speed go very low to allow maximum amount of light to enter. This makes camera highly sensitive and small shake will give highly blurred images.
Shutter speed is displayed in the camera as 1/60 or 1/120 or 1/30 or 1/15 …etc etc … (1/60 means 1/60th of a second ). You can see it on your camera LCD. If the shutter speed go below 1/60 i.e ( 1/45 or 1/30 etc) you really need to try hard to prevent camera shake.
Some cameras show shutter speed directly on your camera LCD but some need the picture button to be pressed half ( So that the camera checks the focus to decide the speed ). Once you find out that shutter speed is going less than 1/60, try these :-
1. USE THE 2SEC TIMER
Most of us might have always wondered what the use of a 2 sec timer. Most of the people might not have used it till now . Well !! the main use of this 2 sec timer comes when you take the snaps in low light where camera shake is possible while taking the pressing the picture button. Hence set the camera for 2 sec timer, press the picture button and hold the camera still for 2 secs till the picture is taken . Try to rest your hands on some stable surface to prevent further shake.
2. TRY TO KEEP THE CAMERA AT STILL SURFACE
If you can find any still surface for example park bench, wide railings etc try to keep it there , and use the timer to take the photograph.
3. SWITCH TO ISO400 OR ISO200 AND TRY USING THE CONTINUOUS PICTURE MODE
Don’t switch to more than ISO 400 as photos will be very very grainy and will be of no use .Continuous mode allow camera to take pictures till the picture button is pressed. You can take 15-20 pictures like this and can finally rely that one picture might have come proper. Use this when top two fails as this method will fill your memory card very fast.
Save Fuel , Save Environment.
I was just reading the article in India Today, where they mentioned 10 simple ways of saving fuel. I found the article very useful and thought of sharing it with my readers. So here it goes :
- Drive easy within the prescribed speed limits. Take off your leg from the clutch pedal after changing the gear, and also avoid hard acceleration. Driving at a highest gear ( depending on speed ) makes the engine spins at a lesser rpm and hence giving you a better fuel economy.
- Tyre Pressure is another important factor. Make sure the tyres are inflated properly and also are properly aligned for better fuel economy and safer driving.
- Get your vehicle serviced properly and at the right time, so that the Car’s engine is healthy and hence burn less fuel. It will even save your maintenance cost for the vehicle.
- If possible try avoiding rush hour traffic. If by leaving 30 minutes early can help you avoiding a lot of traffic, then its always better to do so. Battling traffic everyday is even bad for your health.
For shopping, choose early morning at weekends. This will help you save time on road while going out for shopping.
- Slow Down in advance when you see a red signal or when you are approaching your destination. This will avoid usage of sudden brake and also will help you maintain safe distance from other vehicles.
- Switch off your AC 5 minutes before your reach your destination as Car remain cool for that much distance. Use good quality sun films (which reduce solar energy upto 50% ) from getting your car heated up.
- Try to combine different chores at the same travel , rather than postponing them to different time. Ex : While driving back to office you can go to bank , shop grocery etc which you might have planned later.
- Keep your car clean especially during monsoon season. The muck that sticks to the car add to weight and hence increase the drag as well. Cleaning your car will prevent rusting and also will cost save you in longer run.
- The most important, fill your car in the coldest part of the day i.e mornings. As cold fuel has maximum density , hence you get more fuel for same reading than you would while filling it on a hot day. Also,fill it at a place you trust, so that you know what you are paying for.
- Prevent carrying stuff which you use once in a while, in your car everyday. Travel light as much as possible which will help reduce fuel consumption. The more light your car is more fuel you can save.
- Finally, follow lane discipline to prevent traveling distance and accidents , keep your car’s emission checked at regular interval and avoid add too many accessories to the car which again increase weight.
If we can follow these simple points, we can together make a huge difference in saving fuel. If you have any other points of fuel saving, do share it in comments .
SAVE FUEL , SAVE ENVIRONMENT
Remember doctors performing surgery with the help of a cellphone light ? Nothing could be more affected due to unavailability of power. But 511 tactile has tried to help many of us. The new Light for Life Flashlight UC3.400 can keep working for 23 hours after a 9 second charge. Amazing isn’t it ? Busy people will never need any other option when it comes to temporary lighting.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
This amazing light works on a new technology that shall see the industry making so much gain in the area of DC power. Instead of batteries, it rather works on a unique system that uses capacitors to manage power. The power flows from the capacitors to the flashlight in a regulated manner so that the least energy is least. You do not need to replace the capacitors unlike conventional batteries that run out of power over use.
This flashlight will have so many uses. You can take it out for camping, hiking or field work. It can serve as a temporary lighting.
You can use the light in standard or strobe mode. With the standard setting, you have a steady light source like these produced by bulb tubes but the strobe gives you a flashing effect such as those used to warn others about danger or broken down vehicle.
The Flash Light has been built to withstand extreme conditions. It is weather resistant and can be used in any weather condition – cold or heat – without loss of performance. Again, it is made from rugged material that will resist scratch and abrasions so they keep looking new and in working condition long after purchase. The device is also waterproof – making it a companion for people working in aquatic conditions. The light is also cost effective. Once bought, you do not need to change the bulb. It is also very light as it is made from aluminum.
The equipment comes with a car charger and a mounting belt so you can hoist it up safely whilst working.
This light source is the ultimate flashlight for campers, outdoor enthusiasts and hikers. With its small size and bright lights, you ca easily pack it into your back page and illuminate your way through the most challenging environment. It is extremely rugged as it is made from high-strength polymer and is water resistant. For economy and dynamism, this flashlight will perform better than battery or solar versions
There are times when you are unable to close or delete files in Windows. Here are small tips on how to find the resources that are preventing you to do that.
When ever you boot your system launch any program on your system, system resources allocated with that particular application will be loaded as well. The task manager will have details about each of the application alive at any point (or we assume so).
When you look into the processes list in Task Manager, you will mostly able to match the name of the program with the application running, however there are a few applications which makes it very difficult for you to figure this, like for example when users launch the Trend Micro Anti-Virus, it’ll show up as ntrtscan.exe in task manager. It’s tough for an avg. Joe to understand which program or which DLLs processes is loaded in Task Manager.
User will be unable to copy a file or folder as it that particular resource is being used by another application. Now this sounds ridiculous to the user because he knows that he has closed all the other applications and there is nothing that he can see!!
This is when Process Explorer comes to your rescue. With Process explorer you can find all the hidden applications that are running behind the scene which may be using the files or folders you want to delete or close. It is a free system monitoring and exam application and can be employed as step one in debugging software or system issues. Sysinternals is the company that developed Process Explorer and Microsoft actively promotes it.
Download Process Explorer, to close all the applications that are running behind the scene and utilizing the resources you are trying to close.
This Guest post is by Gautam H N, who is the author of TechBuzz.in where he regularly writes about Computer tips And Computer Security.
How busy you can be that you need a visual reminder for turning off water taps? Water is precious natural resource and its even difficult to imagine life without it. These decorative lights looks stunning and the usage of LED lights make it more power efficient. Do you know the amount of water wasted due to running taps while brushing teeth totals around mind boggling 35000 litres per year/family. I think best place to fix these lights will be just beyond the wash basin. They come in three different styles :
- The standings
- The Chandeliers
- The wall
California-based designer Tanya Clarke is the daughter of environmental activist Tony Clarke, the author of Blue Gold: The Fight to Stop the Corporate Theft of the World’s Water. Tanya’s own contribution to water awareness is Liquid Light – Industrial Light Installations, a series of custom-built fixtures that “create a visual reminder of the precious commodity that water is and our need to protect this natural resource.LED lights , recycled plumbing and hardware , hand sculpted glass drops and found objects are incorporated to contribute to the zero footprint movement in the form of Liquid Light.”
If you buy these lights, 5% of your purchases go towards the education and action on global water justice issues.
This is not the first time such kind of industrial design has been made. In early 2007 Rafel Morgon had a similar Light Drops model as shown below.
I kinda like these designs, wonder they will be at sale in Dubai. Whats your opinion ? A channel that has a channel will guarantee the cleanliness of the fuel. On the off chance that the lamp is fit for utilizing unleaded fuel, at that point it can be utilized. On the off chance that the light is for use with Coleman fluid fuel, at that point this is the main sort that ought to be utilized. Coleman fuel is favored because of the cleaner consuming when contrasted with unleaded gas. Tie the mantle(s) on the burner tube and cut off the excess string. The instructions should be on the package. With a match or lighter, hold just beneath the mantle and it will burn. Allow the mantle to burn until it turns into a white ash. Once it turns into a white ash,